Yesterday was so jam packed with stuff that I barely had a minute to figure out how to get to the next thing let alone capture the one that had just happened. I wanted to, though, because there were several things that just felt so profound and were very inspiring. I could try to do a rundown of all of it now but it probably would not do it justice. Sometimes when the moment has passed, it has passed and trying to recount it just isn’t the same.
Perhaps I just list it (now that the secret about my list making is out in the open) and see where things go from there…
– I woke up at 6 (after about 4.5 hours of sleep)
– Jazzercise at 8:30
– I worked in my yard and started cleaning out and organizing my shed.
– Stopped at 10:30 so I could clean up to go downtown.
– I arrived at Kaneko at 11:30 for a writing workshop. That was two hours.
– 2 PM I arrived back home and was just physically and mentally exhausted, so I took a nap
– Woke up around 3:30 and decided to finish what I started with the shed.
– 5:PM back inside to clean up again and drive to Benson.
– Met Sam at 6PM at 1912 for a drink on the rooftop patio.
– 7:30 We wander into the concert area.
– We basically chatted and drank until the show started around 10.
– 11:30 PM the concert ended and I went home and promptly fell asleep.
That was a pretty full day.
The two best parts were the workshop and hanging out with Sam (my now former co-worker) in Benson. The concert was OK. I really like the band Blue October but the album I was really into was from back in 2008 or 2009 or something and they only played two songs from that. The rest of the songs were newer and though they were somewhat familiar, and good, it wasn’t the same.
For me, going to a live music show is about being one with the music in it’s purest form. Letting that thing you are so familiar with flow through you. You sway and sing along. You jump-jump and sing along. You hold your hands up in the air and sing along. It’s just not as good when you can’t sing along. That’s my bad though, when I used to seek out concerts, I would emerge myself in all the music for weeks before, but this time I didn’t do that. Quite honestly I have not had time.. which is a result of all the other things in my life. It is something I intend to remedy. Unless I find something else, the next concert is in October, and of course now I will have plenty of time to “prepare”. 😃
Anyway, despite my slight disappointment with the concert, it was great because it gave Sam and I like four hours to talk about so much. We have not had much of an opportunity to catch up lately. She’s got a lot going on and of course we had my situations to hash over. I need to try and make a point to keep in touch with people that I’ve worked with. I really value the connections I have made and need to make an effort to not let them fade away just because I won’t be seeing them every week.
The most impactful thing that I experienced yesterday was during the writing workshop at Kaneko. I’ll have to spend a little more time on that topic later though, because it’s time to get ready to head out to Jazzercise now.
And so It Begins Again,